Community is at the heart of all we do at Pepkart. PepKart sellers use community spaces to find inspiration, share knowledge, discuss ideas, engaging users and build relationships that help them grow their businesses. These Community Guidelines help you use Community features, including Customer Reviews, Product Review Images and Product Review Videos.
We take the integrity of the Community seriously. Any attempt to manipulate Community content or features, including by contributing false, misleading, or inauthentic content, is strictly prohibited. If you violate our Guidelines, we may remove all or any content that we find violating. We encourage anyone who suspects that content manipulation is taking place or that our Guidelines are being violated in any way to notify us. We investigate concerns thoroughly and take any appropriate actions.
Using the PepKart Community
- Respect other members’ privacy, and protect your own. Don't share private or personally identifying information in public areas of the platform. This includes, but is not limited to, transaction details, personal contact details and the verbatim contents of private correspondence.
- Be honest and transparent about who you are. Don't use a fake identity.
- Be respectful towards other sellers and, when in doubt, lead with kindness, assume best intentions and act on that basis. Don't use community spaces to publicly disparage a specific seller, a PepKart representative, shop, listing or category of item.
- Don't use community tools or spaces to interfere with another seller’s business.
- Don't spam. This includes unsolicited or duplicate posts or links to your shop, fundraisers, surveys, social media, or other promotional content.
- Don't use community spaces to coordinate pricing or discuss fee avoidance with other sellers.
- Don't use community spaces to harass other sellers. Similarly, don't post content in community spaces that may promote, support, or glorify hatred, misinformation, or that would be in violation of PepKart’s policies including our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Don't publish or post threats of violence against others or promote or encourage others to engage in violence or illegal activity.
- Don't engage in illegal activity or activity that infringes someone's intellectual property, or encourage others to engage in that type of activity.
- Don't use community spaces to encourage others to violate PepKart's policies.
- Continue reading below for some additional policies that apply to you while using specific community spaces.
Forums is a public space where sellers can gather with other sellers to discuss their PepKart businesses.
- Your role is to help us create a safe space for sellers to learn from one another and grow their businesses.
- Your contributions help us build a public database of valuable knowledge and experiences that are available to everyone.
- Tone is challenging to interpret on a public forum and our community spaces are for PepKart sellers at every level. When in doubt, lead with empathy and kindness.
- Your posts will stay on topic. Off topic posts may be removed.
- Your posts in the Forums are permanent and can be viewed in various places including your User Profile (unless they are removed by PepKart).
- Your posts should be helpful, constructive, and encouraging when voicing dissent or criticism. Don't harass, target, insult, troll, or call out other members or PepKart representatives.
- Moderators may take certain actions to keep the Forums welcoming, organised, and helpful for everyone. Such actions are not up for public discussion.
- You will respect others’ opinions and report content responsibly. Flagging posts is reserved for content that specifically violates PepKart's policies.
- PepKart reserves the right to remove content from the Forums at any time for any reason, including, for example, violation of our policies, removal of dormant content, content that causes privacy issues, or due to changes to how the Forums operate.
- If you have concerns about actions taken in the forums, you can follow these instructions to contact PepKart Support.
Members may send each other direct messages using the Community's built-in messaging system. These messages are separate from PepKart Messages and can be accessed and read when you are in community spaces.
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Obscene or vulgar.
- Unsolicited advertising or promotions.
If you receive an inappropriate message, follow these instructions to report it.
PepKart Teams is a community feature where you can connect with PepKart sellers to help you grow your business. PepKart Teams are self-organised by members and not run by, part of, or affiliated with PepKart.
- Except as set forth below, PepKart is not responsible for or involved in a team’s membership policies, dues, finances, or any other actions.
- Teams that do not comply with PepKart's policies, including our Anti-Discrimination Policy, may be removed, and PepKart reserves the right to remove a team for any reason.
- PepKart will not mediate disputes between teams and outside parties, nor disputes between teams and team members.
- PepKart will not monitor third-party forums or other independent team sites.
- Any use of the term "PepKart," PepKart’s visual marks such as the stylised PepKart name logo or “Kart” logo, other PepKart Trademarks (all trademarks worldwide owned by Peptle Pvt Ltd and its affiliates), or marks confusingly similar to the Peptle Marks must comply with Peptle’s Trademark Policy and our Team branding guidelines. See below for more details.
- A team may not use mature, profane, or hateful language or images in the team's name, banner, or logo.
- A team may not be used for the sole purpose of redirecting traffic to another web location. PepKart reserves the right to remove links on any profile page or team page for any reason. Unsolicited promotion or advertisement from representatives or affiliates of outside services, websites or other products is not allowed.
- Teams are created by and run by Team Captains. A team must have a Captain in place in order to function successfully.
- Team Captains are responsible for moderating their Team’s content. In addition, Team Captains may appoint additional roles and responsibilities to their members.
- Teams that are inactive for 6 months or more, or who do not have a Team Captain in place to moderate the Team, are subject to removal from the platform and cancellation at PepKart’s discretion. This includes revocation of the right to use PepKart’s name or the Peptle Trademarks.
- Team forums and on-site publications (i.e., blogs and knowledge base articles) are subject to this Community Policy and may not be used to demonstrate or discuss disputes with other members or with PepKart.
- If a team chooses to use a dedicated item listing tag (also called a “team tag”), it must contain the word "team". PepKart will not mediate disputes regarding use of team tags on item listings.
Teams must adhere to these branding guidelines when identifying as a PepKart Seller Team.
You can use the word PepKart in the name of your Team. (e.g. PepKart Greek Team, Brighton PepKart Team). However, you can't use the term ‘PepKart’ alone, or the PepKart logo by itself in your Team name, or in any promotional materials that reference your Team in any manner.
- You cannot use the PepKart logo to promote your Team without your Team name included at any time.
- List text here You can create a stand-alone PepKart Team logo so long as your Team name is clearly presented on the logo image.
- If you use the word “PepKart” in your Team logo, you must make sure it is not the most prominent or the largest word visually on the logo image.
- If you are promoting your Team or any Team related activities, you must include the terms “Organised by a Team of PepKart sellers” visibly and prominently. It is also your responsibility to make it clear that you are not an agent or employee of PepKart. -You are solely responsible for any costs relating to your use of all promotional materials, venues or other items used to promote your Team.
PepKart does not pre-approve Team branding and we reserve the right to take action on any usage brought to our attention that causes confusion, potential harm to the PepKart brand, or is in direct violation of our Trademark Policy. In particular:
PepKart Local connects buyers with PepKart sellers who are participating in fairs and markets in their area. Buyers can shop from sellers in person, supporting both the PepKart community and their own local economies.
- Held at a physical location
- Open to the public
- A limited-time engagement
PepKart may take action, including termination or suspension, on any account that violates these policies. For example, we may temporarily or permanently suspend your community posting privileges, remove your community access or close your PepKart account, which will immediately suspend all PepKart shop activity. If we do so, it’s important to understand that you don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Services, including Community spaces or the Peptle Trademarks. Generally, Peptle will notify you that your account has been terminated or suspended, unless you’ve repeatedly violated this policy or our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.